These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

From the Inside Out

Have you ever prayed really hard for someone and they just seem to get worse? You get such a peace that God is in control and working in their life and they seem to have venom coming from their mouth and their spirit? He has been reminding me that circumstances and words don't gage what He's doing. It's only when we get into that deep place of the Spirit (our secret place of prayer with Him) and find that peace that we will begin to first "feel" what He's doing and eventually, we will actually "see" it. We have to trust that He's working it out even though we don't see one bit of progress in the physical. Our only duty is to pray. Let Him do the rest. He does the work of the "hidden things".

I'm sure I've used this analogy before but I like it! When we do our spring cleaning (ladies!), it always has to look worse before it looks better. In order to fully clean, you have to dig way back and get out all the unwanted stuff and throw it out, sort through it... you have to make a huge mess before putting it all back together. Maybe that's why people get worse when we start focusing our prayers on them... maybe God is digging deep and stirring up all the "junk" and it is truly making a mess in their lives... A HOLY MESS!!!

He wants truth in our inward parts... the hidden places of our heart... at all costs!

I Peter 3: 4 (Amplified) "But let it be the inward adorning and beauty of the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible and unfading charm of a gentle and peaceful spirit, which [is not anxious or wrought up, but] is very precious in the sight of God."

Psalm 51: 5 "Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom."

The Message: "What you're after is truth from the inside out. Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life."

No comments: