These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, May 11, 2009

Love Extended

Philippians 2:3 "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."

I could hear Him so gently whisper these words this past week (quoting from my prayer journal):

"See all as My children. ...before you see their flaws, their shortcomings. Seek to love as I love. There will always be differences for I made each one unique. Use the talents and gifts I've given you to reach and impart to those I've placed in your path. I am the common ground. There is a deep soul hunger in everyone... some don't even realize it yet. I need those who will speak My words to help expose the hunger within, hidden so deeply."

We will continually rub shoulders with those who "rub us the wrong way" or seem to just go against the grain of all we are feeling, saying and doing. We cannot be quick to judge them. We don't know where they are on this journey. They may not even realize they are on a journey, but let me tell you... they are! He is trying to be involved in every life. Some just choose not to let Him in. He is so patient and loving. He won't force His way in. Let's remember this when we encounter those hurting, searching souls. They may be in your family. They may be at your place of employment, at the grocery store... and yes, even in your home. We're all on this journey together. Let us handle these souls so delicately... be the "Arm of Love" of a gentle, loving Saviour.

No comments: