These posts are simply taken from my daily prayer journal. I find that the words He speaks to me in my private prayer time are usually for others too...

Monday, May 4, 2009

Hedge Around Me

We've all at some point compared ourselves to Job when we feel like we're having trial after trial... We say, "I feel like Job!" But notice this...

Job 1:10 "Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land."

Hedges are used to mark boundaries. I want the boundaries He has set for me... whatever they may be. Notice that Job's hedge was even recognized by the enemy of his soul. With His hedge comes blessings and protection. The Message says it like this: "You pamper him like a pet, make sure nothing bad ever happens to him or his family or his possessions, bless everything he does—he can't lose!"

We have full access to this level of blessing and protection when we fully submit to Him and let Him set our boundaries for us!

No comments: